Non-toxic DIY bathtub scrub
This easy DIY non-toxic bathtub scrub will give your tub a sparkling clean with no harsh chemicals, yay!
Looking for a natural cleaning product that can clean your tub without the harsh toxic chemicals? Read on as making your own safe tub cleaner is easier than you may think.
Using chemical free products to clean your tub will bring peace of mind and also save you money by using common household ingredients that you can actually pronounce. You probably already have most of the ingredients for this DIY scouring tub cleaner.
For me, It’s been freeing to break away from the need to buy a bathtub cleaner that I didn’t feel good about using. I love how these simple ingredients when combined, give a simple yet efficient cleaning.
Ready to protect your family from harsh toxic ingredients? Who’s ready to dive in and get this task done? You might even enjoy it…
And now for the recipe!
Sparkling Tub Cleaner
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- 1 Tbs. hydrogen peroxide
- 6-8 drops tea tree oil
- 1 jar with lid
- Mix baking soda, liquid soap and hydrogen peroxide in a medium-sized glass container until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Add tea tree oil or essential oils of your choice.
- Spoon the scrub cleaner into a jar with a lid. Seal the jar. This cleaner will harden when exposed to air for a prolonged period of time.
TIPS: How to keep your tub sparkling clean?
- Every time you finish the bath or shower, leave the curtain or the door open, to let all the water evaporate.
- Be sure to clean the grout or caulk. These areas are typically covered by mildew and mold.
- At least 2-3 times a month, give tub a good scrubbing
- Rinse your tub after each use to prevent soap scum, mildew and hard water deposits, wipe it dry with a towel.
For more tips, connect with me on Instagram @ Organized Buddy